Friday, March 25, 2011

How I prepared my quilts for quilting on the Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen

Hi, I would like to tell you how I prepared my quilts for quilting on my new Sweet Sixteen sit-down system. First I went to Joann's and purchased several clearance fabrics.  Then I pre-washed them following the instructions on the Leah Day website,  http://www.daystyledesigns.com/howtoprewashfabric.htm  
There are those who believe you should prewash all fabrics and those who feel you don't have to prewash.  I have done both and since prewashing using the above method I think I prefer to do this if I can.  The fabrics smell fresh and the starching makes them crisp.

After prewashing I then made several quilt sandwiches using different basting methods.  
1.  I used a hand basting method by Sharon Schamber, her video is on youtube.  
2.  Another method I used was spray basting.
3.  I also used the popular pin basting method. 
As I sew through these quilts I will give my opinions of using these three methods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment