Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Black & White Quilt

This is the front and back of the 3rd quilt I've ever made.  I made for my daughter, Alexis.  I purchased black/white fat quarters from various quilt stores on the 2009 Quilt Run.  I didn't start it for a while (kinda intimidated, but my sewing teacher, Georgianne Beebe, always says, "no guts, no glory" which inspired me to start it.  I finished it Xmas 2010.  :)  It's a combination of Paper piecing and blocks from  Electric Quilt, Electric Quilt is a quilting software program.  The blocks were put together using a "reversible technique" and the quilting was done on my DSM domestic sewing machine.  It measures 108" X 88"!! There is one block on the back - a special gift of dalmations from my sewing sister - Christine.  She wanted to honor Alexis' dad's occupation, firefighter.  She searched for a year for this fabric for Alexis's quilt good timing since it took me that long to start it.  It has 21 blocks to honor Alexis turning 21 this in 2010.  It also has blocks to represent sewing for her mom, a white rabbit which died in 2010, soccer, music, and other facets of her life.  I hope you like this...

1 comment:

  1. Job well done! Don't you just love how quilts have such special meanings in our lives?!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete